Sunday, February 12, 2012

Project #3 - C4T #1

C4T Blog Post #1:
Do I Dare Disturb the Universe? With Your Host, Scott Elias - PhocuseD 3: I'm Doing this, why?
And this is my personal summary of his blog. 1st off, his title corresponded well with his post. Title being "I'm doing this why?" post was about pushing through the rough tough path that college gives us. He talks about getting to the point where he began to question himself and why he was even going to school to earn a PhD. in teaching, something he loves to do as well as learn new things. But by the end of his post he comes to the conclusion that people can ALWAYS find reasons of why not to do something, but to be successful, you have to stay focused on why you started your journey. Taking online classes and even brakes from school to rejuvenate are some techniques he suggested.
C4T Blog Post #2:
Do I Dare Disturb the Universe? With Your Host, Scott Elias - Convening a Professional Study Group
PhD recipient Scott Elias is a principle (of a high school I assume) and I read that in his newest article: "Convening a Professional Study Group." In this blog he discusses the vision he has for his school. to turn it from sub-par to above average. His approach is to get the staff into meetings every Monday in a "Professional Study Group" to discuss about things they can provide to the students that will give them the best chances for success. He is also developing a blue-print for his vision but he and he alone is the creator of it and its entirety. No other teachers, just him. He doesn't know how it will go yet, but he is eager to find out, I have a feeling that because he wants to be successful so bad that he will be successful.

1 comment:

  1. Travis,
    My name is Lindsay Curtis, and I am assigned to your blog this week! The teacher that you were assigned to looks like he has some great posts. College can be struggle, a real struggle when you have a lot going on and don't have great time management skills. I know people who have taken a semester off to regroup, and it seems to be a good thing most of the time. On the other hand, some students don't return to college. I believe that college isn't for everybody, and those of us who are blessed to further our education need to do it purposely. Great post man!

    Have a great week!
    Lindsay Curtis

    ReplyDelete